Re: [pygame] Pygame / Redhat 7.2 / SDL / SVGALIB

Hi thanks for the reply! Actually I just resolved the problem and was about
to post my solution, but I couldn't remember the various directories
involved so decided to postpone it until tommorrow afternoon:

In a nutshell the problem is where the source SDL install puts its libraries
compared with where Redhat expects them, so since the Redhat rpms don't have
svgalib support or rather expect X11 to be available you have to compile the
latest SDL with svgalib and install manually. The SDL setup script puts
libSDL.so.0 in the wrong place, thats it. So all you have to do is copy
libSDL.so.0 to /usr/lib. I can't remember the exact paths but the easiest
way to figure it out is just to do an rpm -q -l SDL on the redhat binary
version, get the paths and find the files in the libSDL/src/.libs/ folder
and copy them to the appropriate locations. Now compile and install pygame
using the Python2 interpreter and thats it, should work. I will look through
my installation tommorrow and see if I can make it more clear, thanks for
the response!