Re: [pygame] py2exe on fonty.py fails with segfault

Bob Ippolito wrote:
Pete, what do you think about coming up with a smarter scheme for resource acquisition?

I have not done any research to see if a module like this already exists.
I haven't seen anything directly like this. I believe the new "import hook" stuff that allows zipfiles had something like this, to help locating files near the imported sources. Well I heard talk of that anyways.

If anything I'd take some python code that tried a few "smart" guesses for finding a data file. Just some special cases and whatnot. If anyone knows of anything better, I'd probably just roll it directly into the pygame source if possible.