RE: [pygame] Re: Installation problems on Win XP

> > >However when I tried to install on Win XP, the
> > >installer said that it could not install as I do not
> > >have python 2.2 installed (I have 2.4).
> > >Is there a work around to this problem ?
> >
> > I think the workaround is to install python 2.2.
> >
> It would seem it's running fine on my XP installation with Python 2.3

AFAIK, this is due to Python 2.4 being compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ 7 (MSVC 7; part of Visual Studio .NET 2003), where Python 2.2 and Python 2.3 are compiled with MSVC 6 (part of Visual Studio 6).

I think pygame would need a re-compile to work with runtime libs of Python 2.4 (maybe a new package is already prepared?).

Frank