Re: [pygame] Re: Installation problems on Win XP

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:21:38 +0100, wijgerden <wijgerden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I think the workaround is to install python 2.2.
> > >
> > It would seem it's running fine on my XP installation with Python 2.3
>
> AFAIK, this is due to Python 2.4 being compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ 7 (MSVC 7;
> part of Visual Studio .NET 2003), where Python 2.2 and Python 2.3 are compiled with
> MSVC 6 (part of Visual Studio 6).

All precompiled Python extensions are specific to one major version of
Python. So if you download pygame-1.6.win32-py2.2.exe, you can only
install it to Python 2.2 and if you download
pygame-1.6.win32-py2.3.exe , you can only install it to Python 2.3
etc. Currently, threre are no official pygame win32 binaries for
Python 2.4, so if you want to use that you'll need to compile it
yourself.

--
Sami Hangaslammi