Re: [pygame] Re: PixelArray versus Surfarray + Numeric/NumPy

Patrick Mullen wrote:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Jordan Applewhite
<jordan.applewhite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello again.  I may have posted prematurely.  It seems that the easiest
thing for me to do is to just set up a Python2.4 + Numeric dev environment
and wait for the incompatibilities to sort themselves out.  I still welcome
any of your suggestions too my previous questions.

Thanks again.

By the way, you do mean python2.5 right?  Python 2.6 and 3.0 are not
widely supported yet, but 2.5 is.
Which platform. On Windows there is a Pygame 1.8.1 installer for Python 2.6. And at http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame/ there are Pygame 1.9.0a0 and NumPy 1.2.1 installers. NumPy 1.3 should be released soon and it will support Python 2.6. As for the choice between Numeric and NumPy, NumPy is now preferable. It was decided that Numeric will no longer be actively supported.

Lenard

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>