Re: [pygame] SDL_gfxPrimitives

On 07 Jul 2001 23:55:48 -0700, Pete Shinners wrote:

> > This would be _really_ nice to have wrapped for pygame
> > support..  a lot nicer than just lines :)  Anyone up
> > to it?
>
> yeah, i have plans to wrap this all in the "draw" module of
> pygame. pretty much tie it in similar to how SDL_rotozoom is
> built into pygame.
>
> seems like my "todo" list for pygame is growing a lot more
> than it is shrinking :]

sorry.. thanks?  =)

it will be a _lot_ of fun to play with something with a full set of
antialiased drawing primitives.. all you really need are lines, filled
polys, beziers, and a generic fill and you're set.. maybe some special
optimized closed-bezier-curve fills or something.. but it'd be really
slick to have a platform where I could write say, a SWF renderer, or
something.  I'm not sure if gfxPrimitives has all of these but in any
case it's a lot closer than the lines we have right now :)