From: owner-pygame-users@seul.org [mailto:owner-pygame-users@seul.org]On
Behalf Of Jan Ekholm
Sent: July 13, 2001 14:03
To: pygame-users@seul.org
Subject: RE: [pygame] OpenGL

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, bob {3.0} wrote:

>As for scene graph libraries, I suggest taking a look at OpenInventor.
It's
>good.

Hmm, depends on how you define "good". I've used it quite a lot, and at
least the SGI C++ (almost C++, anyway) version is horrible to learn and
use. Efficient maybe, but horribly ugly and complicated nevertheless. I
think that Steve Baker's ssg could be simple to encapsulate:

	http://plib.sourceforge.net/ssg/index.html

Plib (of which ssg is a art) in itself is a "competitor" to SDL. I think
ssg could be converted with some work to pure Python. But maybe pure
Python isn't something worth aiming towards. Have to look at it some day
anyway. :)