Re: [pygame] Circle cut off at 60+fps, fixed by display.flip

Yes. The article seems long and detailed.

V-sync isn't only an issue on 3D-Accelerated Graphics, it has been there since early TVs and throughout the entire 2D - Graphice - Era as well.

In short, if you don't wait for the "gap" or until the monitor had time to draw the entire screen, it's possible that you push him the next image while he's in the middle of the last image, and therefore creating a break in animated sequences.

Best wishes

Daniel

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Radomir Dopieralski <pygame@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/12/2014 09:31 AM, Abhas Bhattacharya wrote:

> Problem is that at about 60 fps or more, the circle flickers and
> sometimes looks cut off to me (approx. illustration -
> http://i.imgur.com/4nKzsCP.png). The flickering is not like a screen
> flicker, more like state switching between full circle and cut-off
> circle. This problems doesnt occur at all upto 45 fps, couldnt be
> reproduced by screen capture or pausing the game, as if the problem is
> only visible to the naked eye.

Please read this article for at least a partial explanation:
http://paulbakaus.com/tutorials/performance/the-illusion-of-motion/

--
The Sheep