[pygame] Re: pygame with SDL2 proposal

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In 21 March 2017 at 08:21, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If people can't use SDL1 for the moment with pygame, then we will be in a situation where two branches are needed. Rather than that, it seems simpler for me with a single code base for SDL1 and SDL2.

I guess this is the core of it. To me, the single code base sounds harder than keeping two separate branches, especially as I expect the SDL 1 branch wouldn't see many changes. But you're the one doing it, so if you prefer the single code base option, that's reason enough to do it that way. ;-)

Yeah, I'm happy to do it.

It sounds like you're still not convinced though. I can make the tree first, and we can see what it looks like more easily. If it turns out to be not such a good idea afterwards we can always remove sdl1 support.