Re: [pygame] I nedd speed

Gabriele Farina wrote:

----- Original Message -----
Pete Shinners wrote:

i find the most important optimization for gui stuff is if each control

.. [CUT]...

Tnx a lot I already have a "dirty" flag. Tnx a lot for the other things...

Another question:
To manageing events like rollover, rollour, etc I test if the mouse is in
or not in the widget...but I see that if I create more than one window, the
events will be managed also for the widgets hidden by other windows
(example: if I got an window covering a button, the evetns associated whit
this button will be managed...but they wold not be!)...I'm searching for a
way to make the event system work better...any idea??

A gui I most liked, passed events such as mouse clicks/moves to widgets in the z order, then gave the widget the option of eating the events or passing them on to the widgets below.

Most common usage is to have the widget eat the event. So make that be the behaviour of the default implementation.

Have fun!