Re: [pygame] pygame.mixer.init()

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:33:43 -0700
Pete Shinners <shredwheat@attbi.com> wrote:

> hmm, well since you are using woody i assume you didn't compile anything
> yourself.

I've also tried to compile pygame source, but I've notice that there isn't any
source package for python2.2 so I've used the 2.1 version, but the result
wasn't different(pygame.mixer.init(), worked, but thr other call to the
audio...)

> i assume there is something failing with whatever audio driver
> you are using? are you using something like arts or alsa?

I really don't know, what way I have to use to know it? I load the driver
manually with modprobe(throught the /etc/modules file)

> what about other programs that use SDL_mixer? try running the programs
> "playwave" and "playmus" to see if they work.

They work very well.

> you could also try calling pygame.mixer.init() with a different frequency.
> try passing somethinglike "pygame.mixer.init(44800, 16, 1)", for stereo
> 16bit sound at 44.8khz.

:(

> in any event, these problems shouldn't crash pygame. i'm expecting the
> crash is happening inside SDL_mixer somewhere. but if pygame is breaking on
> some bad return values from SDL_mixer, i want to know about it!

in effect the crash is caused by an "Illegal instruction", the python
interpreter don't signal any error...unfortunately the crash don't make me
able to catch the return values

thank you for all