De : "Jake b" <ninmonkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
PourÂ: <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Objet : [pygame] car game AI
Date : sam., sept. 24, 2011 21:48

Note: Learn how to use vectors. You will need this for steering, and movement. (You technically don't, but it's much simpler)

The *very best* tutorial to A* pathfinding : http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/GameProgramming/ ( Great diagrams )

These are relevant for your racing, and terrain.

Making sure you saw these specifically

Now you could implement physics with pymunk, but that could be overkill at this point. If you write your own physics, make sure you keep a constant-time-step for stability. If a crash happens, apply a force. And continue steer behavior as normal.