Re: [school-core] Announcing: Mailman 2.0.13 gets eVoting

--- Mark Rauterkus <Mark@Rauterkus.com> wrote:
>  > OK, I see the point! It will need a queuing system like jabber has
> for
>  > that to work.. But what if both parties are never online at the
> same
>  > time.
>
> It is fine if both clients are never on line at the same time.
> However,
> the server needs to be online all the time.
>
> Mailman is not a chat where both would need to be at the same time
> and
> space. Rather as with this email discussion, we just need to share
> the
> same threads and posting address.

I am just thinking about the far future.
When we can use a jabber like p2p transport for mailman?

Basically, it should be possible to use a p2p queuing system for the
server.. a store and forward network of machines.

Anyway, I am just thinking about a vrs like system
http://www.nongnu.org/VRS/index.html
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vrs/

mike

=====