Re: [school-core] unpublished schoolforge content

Dear Justin,

----- Message from jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx ---------
    Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:56:01 -0800
    From: Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [school-core] unpublished schoolforge content
      To: schoolforge-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Something is up with the search, I hadn't seen that before.

*** The search never worked for me.

What is the relation of Apache Solr to the Acquia network solutions?

*** Ah.  Sorry.  The reason to refer to Acquia is that they offer a hosted version of Apache Solr which is very difficult to do yourself (it requires a very robust set-up).  I think it's a pretty good offer, actually, and would do it myself if I had a spare $300.  However, I do see that this may not be how the group wants to spend its money.  We would have to do some pr to explain how putting money into the site advances our mission the way people think it ought to be advanced.  What's your gut tell you (or that of anyone else listening)?

Best wishes,

David