[schoolforge] Re: [seul-edu] Mailing List Confusion

Hi All,

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, David Bucknell wrote:

> Good points, Les.
>
> On Monday 14 January 2002 03:19, Les Richardson wrote:
> > Well, I'm not exactly clear on what all of these mailing lists do and who
> > is subscribed to each...
> >
> > schoolforge-core  - membership level issues. Currently subscribed include
> > contact persons for each organization and who else?
> >
> > seul-edu - specific now to issues surrounding seul-edu and not necessarily
> > schoolforge.
> >
> > school - nerds/admins list for seul-edu and schoolforge application level
> > support?  Members? Is David on this list?
> >
> > Any other lists?  Obviously we need another general level schoolforge
> > list, containing not just member org's contacts. Does this exist?
>
> I would also like to call for a general schoolforge discussion list. I think
> it's time.
>
> > Secondly,
> > kind of information if necessary or store in alternative ways.
>
> Good idea:
> Open Source Schools has several lists.

I would think that communication really is key to understanding each
others' goals. A combined list of all email lists would allow all members
to participate in the activity of other members to help create "symbiotic,
synergistic" effects. Which, IMHO, is what schoolforge is all about.

> > More generally, I would feel that we, as integrators, have to link more
> > deeply into membership pages to include, as well as mailing lists, news
> > pages, syndication links (ie RDF/RSS), and other significant URL's in
> > their site design.
>
> Good. How?

These web pages are generated dynamically out of a database. We simply
create some more categories and allow members to enter the URL's and
descriptions for any of these categories, such as news, rdf/rss
syndication links, etc. as the members see as being appropriate.

Les Richardson
Still trapped on the Prairies