[school-core] [Fwd: GPL (copyright) for open source teaching materials]

-------- Original Message --------

From: Roger Chrisman <rogerhc@pacbell.net>
Subject: GPL (copyright) for open source teaching materials
To: schoolforge-core@schoolforge.net

Hi all,

Regarding a General Public Licence (GPL):

The GNU GPL is essential to the open source movement. I want a
similar GPL to use as the copyright on open (re)source materials
produced by TEFLChina Teahouse members.

My current TEFLChina Teahouse copyright notice only allows
educational use of our materials and prohibits for-profit resale
without permission of the material's author. Adopting a more GNU-like
GPL might facilitate our materials development.

(1) Do any of you have a GPL already adapted to *teaching materials*
that
     you like and would let me adapt for use on TEFLChina Teahouse
     produced materials?

(2) Or know where I can find a good one for that?

- GNU GPL used for Linux,
   http://www.Linux.org/info/gnu.html
- TEFLChina Teahouse copyright policy that needs up-dating,
   http:teflchina.com/copyright/

btw, I sent David the TEFLChina Teahouse intro last night. Not sure
if we post the intros to schoolforge-core or not. So I didn't -- if
you want to see it here, just say boo.

Thanks!

Roger Chrisman
TEFLChina Teahouse <teflchina.com>