From: owner-schoolforge-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-schoolforge-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 1:40 AM
To: schoolforge-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [school-core] Proposed Coalition operating procedure change

Original:
The SchoolForge website is a product of the SchoolForge coalition. Coalition membership is by groups whose efforts extend beyond this website, not by individuals. The website serves to provide individuals a starting point towards learning about educational efforts within FLOSS, and an opportunity to non-technical (non-programmers) users to become involved in projects that follow principals shared with the more technical aspects. Through these interactions, individuals are encouraged to learn about, apply, and become active participants in coalition member efforts.

Proposed:
The SchoolForge website is a product of the SchoolForge coalition. Coalition membership is by groups whose efforts extend beyond this website, not by individuals. The website serves to provide individuals a starting point towards learning about educational efforts within FLOSS (software licensed to grant the right of users to study, change, and improve its design through the availability of its source code and the right to distribute the changed program,) and an opportunity for non-technical/non-programmers users to become involved in projects that follow FLOSS principals. Through these interactions, individuals are encouraged to learn about, apply, and become active participants in coalition member efforts.