Re: [school-core] Re: Software Categories for Schoolforge.net

Hi, a tag cloud could solve the overlap issue and allow for multi-membership of different categories.  If you define a new database column simply called "tags" and then build your pages/lists dynamically from members whose "tag" field contains the particular tag corresponding to the menu item, then you'd have it.  It would also be flexible going foreward.
-Charles

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM, LM <lmemsm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arts (Should this be combined with Multimedia or should we have two
> categories?)

We should keep multimedia.  It is one of the categories that brings in
the most search traffic.  (google 'multimedia software')
I like the idea of keeping multimedia as well.

I pictured education resources as a catch-all for software that
contains educational content.

That's pretty much what it's being used as.  It's a good category when you can't find another category that fits just right.

Anyone else have comments or suggestions on the categories?  Did we miss any useful categories?

Sincerely,
Laura

--
AsymptopiaSoftware|Software@theLimit