Re: [school-discuss] Web-based IEP application

On 11 Apr 2002 at 20:17, Josh Levine wrote:
> Dave Woodside wrote:
> > IEP == Individual(ized) Education Plan
> >
> > I don't believe that they are required for gifted students, as
they
> > are not a "Special Education" population according to the law.
They
> > are, of course a good idea for ALL students.  But they can be
quite
> > intensive.
>
> Maybe it's just a state (of Florida) thing then...in any case,
it'd be
> nice if the application could handle IEPs for all students.

I don't know about other states, either, but I guarantee IEP's are
required for gifted students in Kansas, also.

Here, at least, gifted is considered a "special education"
population.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us                               785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world