[school-discuss] Schoolforge Web Meeting Place - was: A couple of updates

There is, of course, also Mimerdesk. Stunning. Not tied to anyone. Seems like
it's (they're) going places, too. Interest from government.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Les and Matt for setting up members.iteachnet.org for
me, and, now, the creator of Mimerdesk, Teemu Arina has been kind enough to
install Mimerdesk at members.iteachnet.org. I've made accounts for all the
schoolforge-core members and will make accounts for any of the
schoolforge-disucss folks who wish to get more involved. I'm hoping that those
who've been talking about making apps will take this opportunity to share files,
ideas and chat or send instant messages or use the forum ...

There's a special wrinkle to this whole thing: it's a membership for teachers
and school administrators, too, so my intention is to put schoolforgers together
with tech coordinators, teachers, curriculum writers, school administrators,
etc. in touch with each other. Who knows what might be possible? I can thingk of
three things right off:

1. programmers could get more accurate ideas of what teachers want
2. tech coords, teachers, school admins could get expert help for once without
proprietary thinking attached
3. jobs -- part and full-time

I hope you agree this is an important opportunity for us. I'm still putting in
users. I've only put in 200 or so. I've got a thousand  +. Check in frequently?

I'll be sending you personal messages as I get the chance, but I've _tried_ to
set up accounts for each of the project representatives using your e-mail
username. I hope you'll give them a try at:
http://members.iteachnet.org/mimerdesk/index.html

Write me immediately with any problems and I'll fix them.

Thanks again to Les, Matt, teemu and the rest of you.

David

--
http://www.iteachnet.org
http://members.iteachnet.org