Re: [school-discuss] DRIVE!

On 13 Apr 2002 at 15:20, Anthony Baldwin wrote:
> Now, I still need a Linux driver for my modem (hsp56 micromodem)

Run! Run like the wind!

Even though there may be drivers for this modem for linux, I would
avoid this modem like the plague. Even in an otherwise stable
Windows
environment (obFlame: well, as stable as Windows gets), this modem
is
flaky, even in the best of cases. Do a google search for HSP56 and
find out how many problems there are, if you don't want to take my
personal experiences as "data".

Go purchase thyself a "real" (non-Windows) modem. Yes, they really
do
cost $40-$50, and yes, they're worth it.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us                               785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world