[school-discuss] Name change and Name Ideas needed

Hiya guys,

   I am looking for ideas here. Blue Linux as a name is going to have to
be changed here is why. I can not afford to get a trademark currently on
Blue Linux its pretty expensive for a very small non-profit organisation
right now.

   I also can not afford to protect the name. Back when I first started to
Blue Linux i tried to register bluelinux.org, bluelinux.com, and
bluelinux.net. However I was only able to get .org. I have tried almost
daily to grab the other domains as they expire. I lost at this battle.
BlueLinux.com was snatched up in January by a company called CPi Sites
they own http://www.urlcollector.com/. I tried to make an offer to buy the
domain at what I feel is a fair price. I was denied and told that I had to
purchase it for $650 dollars US. I can not afford this. In the process
they told me they where going to complete the sale to a company in Tokyo
for $500.00 US. I can not compete I dont have the budget. Now it apears
that if I owned a trademark on Blue Linux I could then chase down and get
the domain of course they said the only way I could get it with a
trademark from them is for them to charge me a "Surrender Fee" of 562.00
US. Here is where I can not protect the name. Why would a company in Tokyo
buy "bluelinux.com" unless they where intending on providing
software/services or a product under the Blue Linux name. While I could
stop a trademark with the prior art clause. I can not stop them from using
the domain name to release a product either competing with me or against
me or however you want to say it. I dont mind competition but I dont want
competition because of a .org or .com typo. So we feel it would probably
be best to change names.

We are looking for ideas on the new name. We will provide credit to the
naming party. Any ideas are welcome please feel free to visit our site for
information about us so you can get a better idea on the naming schema.

Please help out!

--
Matt Jezorek
Executive Director / Founder

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the following
communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named
above.

If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error or are not sure whether it is privileged, please
immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any copies,
electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication