Re: [school-discuss] How to present Linux to schools

Kyle,

>However, I'm not an employer (at least, not one that hires office-
>type jobs), and the simple FACT is that employers want to see that
>word 'Microsoft' on your resume. You and I know that it doesn't
take
>much of a moron to adapt from one to another, but employers tend to

>think this means more training time. There are a few clueful
>employers out there, but there are a lot more who are not (like the

>ads I've seen that require 4 years experience with WindowsXP).

I think you're missing the point here.  Experience _is_ dabbling
with things.  Experience is _not_ learning keystrokes.  Teaching
kids in school the keystrokes and where to point and click is doing
them a great injustice.  Ultimately, they're getting no experience
at all.

I know, because less than 1 1/2 years ago I was at an (otherwise
good) school that taught the keystrokes and WYSIWIG stuff.  That was
an absolutely useless experience.

b.t.w having 4 years experience with WindowsXP is impossible.  Its
been out for less than a year.  I think what you mean is doing a
'crash course' like MSCE or something - a much more valuable way to
gain 'experience' in M$ products.  That'll never be me.

Dan.