[school-discuss] Plea for assistance

I just saw this letter about Open Projects problems.  Since they host
the #schoolforge IRC channel, anyone here who has the capability to help
them should seriously consider it:

http://lwn.net/daily/help-opnirc.php3

Title: Plea for assistance
[LWN Logo]
[LWN.net]
From:	 Rob Levin <levin@openprojects.net>
To:	 lwn@lwn.net
Subject: Plea for assistance
Date:	 Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:02:44 -0500 (CDT)
Cc:	 levin@openprojects.net

To the Editor,

I'm writing to let your readers know that Open Projects Net IRC is in
serious trouble, and to ask for their help.  As a result of normal attrition
in the ranks of our servers, we've begun to experience reliability problems
in the service we provide.

Open Projects Net IRC provides an interactive home to a number of community
projects, including Debian GNU/Linux. the Enlightenment window manager
project, the FluxBox window manager project, the Gtreamer streaming media
framework, handhelds.org, Ice Window Manager, kernelnewbies, KDE and various
KDE applications, the Linux Logical Volume Manager Project, the Linux
Terminal Server Project, the Linux XFS filesystem, linuxppc.org,
SchoolForge, Simple DirectMedia Layer, the Snort IDS project, the Subversion
version control system project, the tinc VPN daemon, Vorbis and WineHQ.

We need your help.  We are looking for sponsors to provide well-connected
hosts on which to run leaf servers and hidden hubs.  The requirements are on
our website, at http://openprojects.net/sponsoring_servers.shtml. Anyone who
is interested in sponsoring a server should drop me a line at
lilo@openprojects.net.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Sincerely yours,

Rob Levin
Head of Operations, Open Projects Net
"Open Source, Open Technology, Open Information"