Re: [school-discuss] Re: [gcompris-devel] Gcompris contest

On 31 Mar 2003 14:57:08 +0200
Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@int-evry.fr> wrote:

      I good idea would be to declare in the Wiki
      (http://www.ofset.org/wiki/index.php/GcomprisBoardsIdeas or a new
      NewBoardsWorkInProgress, for instance) what's currently being done by
      whom, to avoid duplicate effort.

You are absolutely right. At the begining, when we were only considering
the EPI games port, I was thinking we would just made a selection of
boards, then proposed that ones to be ported. The process could then be
repeated as long as necessary. In this scheme, each board will have its
own wiki page containing its relevant information (translation in
English, documentation). In this idea several people could work on the
same board, this is a waste of energy but this can bring higher quality
in the resulting board.

Probably what we can do is a mix of selected board plus an open board
category where participant will come with their own idea .

Let's say we have the following wiki structure matching the contest
categories:

BoardContestSeason
	+ EPIBoards
		+ Board1
		+ Board2
	+ OpenBoards
		+ DevlProposal

Into the leaves are the relevant informations concerning the board. In
each page Board1 Board2 (or a sub page), the participants could write
down their name and any other relevant informations

Does this make sense?

Hilaire Fernandes