Hi Tim,
Thank you for your mail and question. Hope this answer clarfies:

To tell you a secrect :-), we think that S@S is also usable for other
organizations. In fact, we know that many organizations use S@S because
it's such an easy CMS. Even coders use S@S on Sourceforge sites because'"it
keeps us coding in our own project".We know of scout groups, churches,
individuals, companies, etc. that use S@S.

However, we develop S@S with primary schools in mind. In a primary school
our feet are 'in the mud', we daily experience the need for features, we
see our 'clever' solutions not functioning,  we see children use S@S and
get ideas, etc. etc.
And in our humble opinion, S@S might be useful in secondary schools.
Kind regards,