Re: [school-discuss] Website admin for students

I really liked this idea. Maybe something like this could be built on the
GNU/Linux platform too?  FN

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

grownups (parents & teachers)

Welcome to MatMice.com! Our website allows children to become part of the world wide web; not onlookers, but participants! The site allows children not only to build a homepage, but add it to the Internet easily. This section includes important information about MatMice for parents and teachers, such as details about the webmasters, Internet safety tips, our privacy policy, and our terms of service.

  who's behind matmice?

This entire website was created by three sisters from Australia - Emily, Sarah, and Elise - without any adult assistance whatsoever. The site was originally started as part of a school project for Emily's computer studies course. To find out more about each of the girls, please visit the about section.

  safety on the internet

MatMice is a safe place for children on the Internet. We ask you to discuss the following safety tips with your children/students before they start to build their homepage.

   1. Only use your first name on the web (or a nickname is fine too!).
   2. Never give out your home address, phone number, or the name or address of your school on the web and never put them on your homepage.
   3. If you see something you think is unsafe at MatMice, email us and tell us.

  privacy policy

The privacy of your children/students is important to us. We try to make sure that MatMice is a safe and enjoyable place for everyone; our privacy policy describes how we do this.
view our privacy policy

  terms of service

In order to ensure that MatMice remains a suitable site for children, we have in place terms of service, a set of rules which must be agreed to before signing up for a homepage.
view our terms of service

		back to matmice.com

     March 2004         | Frederick Noronha, Freelance Journalist
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa    | Goa India 0091.832.2409490 or 2409783
 7  8  9 10 11 12 13    | Email fred at bytesforall.org
14 15 16 17 18 19 20    | Writing with a difference
21 22 23 24 25 26 27    | ... on what makes *the* difference
28 29 30 31             | http://www.bytesforall.org
CHECK OUT USENET http://www.algebra.com/~scig/approved/threads.html