Re: [school-discuss] How to buy fleets?

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 04:43:37PM -0700, Kevin Shira wrote:
> The only thing I've thought of is going the refurb route - but that
> still doesn't allow for the number of machines I'd like.  Plus, with new
> machines going for under $500, there's got to be another way.

I see you're in the 916 area code. Someone recently contacted the LUG
out in Davis ( http://www.lugod.org/ ) asking if we had any use for a
collection of PCs.

We contacted Steve Haragdon (who you can find on this list) to see if any
kind of K12LTSP stuff could be done in our area.

Feel free to shoot an email to Jonathan Stickel, LUGOD's president
("root" at lugod [dot] org) to see what's going on with the systems,
if you're interested.

(Honestly, I can't even remember who was giving them away...)

Good luck!

--
-bill!
bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued darkness