[school-discuss] Software for live online sessions

Dear colleagues,

I use partner projects across borders as an approach in my language teaching, and I try to convince my colleagues, too, to give their students a chance of learning journalistic activities in the Internet. I think children and young people find e-journalistic work together with their peers more fun than learning a kind of abstraction of a foreign language in lesson books.

We are now entering from asynchronous collaboration to live online meetings of students. There are quite many schools in Europe using Linux OS, and we have come into problems with them, as we don't know any open source software which could be used for live online sessions.

Can you help? Is there an existing software available, or do we have to look forward to it only in future?

Kind regards,

:-)ilpo
Ilpo Halonen
language teacher, fi