Re: [school-discuss] Web-based School Administration...

    My company Infinite Campus  http://www.infinitecampus.com  designs
web-based student information systems (not open source).   Which district, #
of students and state are you at?

A few other non-open source web-based systems:

* Powerschool http://www.powerschool.com
* Chancery SMS
http://www.chancery.com/solutions/features/chancerySMS4_0.html
* Schoolspace http://www.limitless.net/

There are many products that are "web-enabled" (where a terminal program can
be run in a browser), but I don't really count those.  I have alot of
experience with many competitors' products and I can tell you the functional
and technical strengths and weaknesses.  But, my opinion is biased, and I
wouldn't want to disrupt the email list with anything that could be
considered a sales pitch.

We use alot of open-source projects embedded in our software, but we haven't
yet ported to a full linux solution.

Dave