Re: [school-discuss] 3D interactive games for Kindergarten from open source

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response and advice.

Actually I can find many of them with google search. But the real difficulty is I must have them downloaded, installed and playing them before I know what kind of games they are. No demo on their websites except screen shots. Teachers are reluctant to accept them. Unlike those games available on markets they have demo showing how to play and their content as well.

I have K12LTSP running and will check.

B.Regards
Stephen Liu

At 10:04 AM 12/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for your response.  What I am looking for can be briefly focused
> as follows:
>
> 1) Simple mathmatics
> 2) Simple colour filling
> 3) Simple spelling
> 4) Simple games, etc.
> 5) 2D can be OK but 3D is more attractive
> 6) The instruction has to be simple easily understood by teachers of non
> technical mind
> 7) Music is not important
> etc.

Hi Stephen,
Check out gcompris (it's on the seul/edu application index under
EduGames).
I'm pretty sure this is delivered as part of K12LTSP (which you're
running, right?)
It didn't run out-of-the-box on my K12LTSP, but I didn't have time to
look into it.
I did run it in a non-terminal environment and it is pretty impressive.
I think it's very close to what you're asking for, and it'd be worth the
time it might take to make it work in K12LTSP.

jthomas@bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up