Re: [school-discuss] falling costs of producing audio books

hello,

everything is available and free --

go to http://www.etc-edu.com

go to downloads (in main menu)

go to audio books

download the loast world,
which contains the book and all the software,

there is a readme in the package.

cron is a good way to go :

here is a scenario :

1 - select a group of books from http://www.promo.net/pg/
2 - ftp download
3 - run the scripts
4 - put repository on line

2,3,4 are all cron candidates.

you want to provide ftp acess? if not, that's ok, i have 150 gig available ...

want to run 1 or more broadcast channels ?

i will put a new download package out tomorrow morning with additional bash
scripts that improve output quality.

i'd like to avoid duplicates to some extent, at least initially.
so let's try to agree on book selections, focusing on holding dups to a
minimum.

by the way, thanks for the responses :-)

mike eschman, etc ...
http://www.etc-edu.com
"Not just an afterthought ...

--