[school-discuss] to clear this up a bit...

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:08:00AM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> > This one of our paid services.
> [snip]
> > While the entire solution is built on open source, we do have
> > to charge to cover the infrastructure cost.
> What infrastructure might that be? You do realize that claiming
> you have to charge for open-source software is waving a red
> flag?

Hey, go drop that one.  I *do* charge for open-source/free
software, Red Hat does, everyone does.  It's no problem as long
as the license is followed (preferably in spirit too, not just
in letter as some quirks might wish).

Free software is NOT about free beer.  Services are NOT software.

> The real issue is what restrictions you place on the recipient.
> For example, the GPL guarentees redistribution rights
> downstream.

Yup.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>