Re: [school-discuss] Live Linux Distro

Matt,
Congratulations on your project. One option you may want to add to your distro is to make it run from a USB flash drive. The performance is usually much better than running from a DVD. (DVDs are still cheaper to hand out to people, however, so don't abandon that.) Unetbootin can be used to install almost any live distro to a USB flash drive.

Peter

Chris Yates wrote:
Hi everyone,

My name is Matt, I am a Linux user from Florida.

My friend is a teacher and asked me for some software.

I have put together a Live linux distro with most everything available from schoolforge.

This Live DVD can be loaded and ran live, or installed on a machine.

It is based on PCLinuxOS, one of the best Linux Distros available, and it allows the teacher to create their own live DVD or USB.

I will maintain the repositories long term and will keep them available on DVD.

There are a few packages that still need to be developed, which will happen if there is any real interest in this endeavor.

If anyone is interested, please respond.

Matt