Re: [school-discuss] ISO Award suggestions and Software Freedom

.
. Those working on art work might want to, first, make sure we agree on
. the name,

for the art, what is usual and customary is that a variety of themes and
topics are submitted, and the artists are expected to submit multiple works,
a folio of thoughts, perhaps a "theme".  any work submitted remains the
property of schoolforge for non-exclusive, non-commercial use only.
participants are invited to create new logos to fit their ideas.  if you do
one we like, we may use it for a month or so, "sponsoring" your art work on
the site.

then, a group of winners is selected, and each is given a "commission" to
create a work of art to specification.  that may occur up to a year after the
award is made.

this will provide schoolforge with a real wardrobe, and forster free exchange
of works across organizational boundaries.

mike eschman, etc ...
http://www.etc-edu.com
"Not just an afterthought ...

but also make images that refer back to Schoolforge (ie, color
. scheme, motif from Schoolforge puzzle logo, etc). Also, different sizes
. (including small ones) that can be proudly displayed on web pages.
.
. We could have in mind a set of categories, and then go out looking to
. see what fills them. But, maybe we should just find excellent programs
. and create categories for them. We could also give awards to people
. rather than just projects. Politicians, programmers, columnists, etc.
.
. Then, maybe we can just accept the nominations as awards, or vote if
. necessary. How does this group decide anything?
.
. I think we should do this in the next month, and have an PR/announcement
.    to kick off the Software Freedom Season (see
. http://emergent.brynmawr.edu/?SoftwareFreedom) on March 4th.
.
. -Doug

--