[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[school-discuss] <gcompris release 5.0>
Here are the latest news about gcompris in the version 5.0:
Now gcompris rely on GTK only. No more GNOME.
- Note that gcompris_edit still rely on gnome and so the rpm package
will still require gnome.
- Added a new melody activity where the kid must repeat a sound
sequence.(By Jose Jorge)
- Added a new simple billard activity where the kid must push a ball in
a hole. The speed and direction of the ball depends on the click
location on the ball.
- Added a new draw the symmetry activity. It's that same a the redaw
activity but the symmetry must be drawn.
- Erase activity has been changed to add more complexity by letting the
kid erase twice and 3 times the same block (By Zsolt).
- At several place, the repeat icon is now dependant of the current
activity. It makes it more meaningfull.
- Documentation have been updated.
- Added a trace mecanism. When gcompris is run, a new file named
$HOME/.gcompris.log will report the PASSED or FAILED on each activity
and the playing duration.
- Several boards now use fonts instead of pixmaps for letter/number
- Uptated translation: Czech, Deutsch Spanish Finish Dutch French Irish
Portuguese Russian Slovak Serbian
More info about gcompris at: