Re: [school-discuss] what pieces of software would you demo to K-12

robin wrote:

Good pitching is rather at odds with open-source geek culture. A good
pitcher has the odor of a slick corporate salesman, which geeks usually
find unpleasant. Your audience is less likely to share that attitude, and
expect a good presentation. Let your passion show.
Um... there are some slick salesmen that have let their hair grow
and look like the real thing, eh... geek. I have seen some on lists
like these, innocently pushing their Open Source solution, quietly
suppressing potential rivals and then suddenly the program was not
so Open Source any more...

But then I am in this community for almost twenty years now.

Paai