Re: [school-discuss] what pieces of software would you demo to K-12 teachers ?

Has anyone taken a look at XPde (http://www.xpde.com) with respect to luring reluctant Windows users? It is a sure-fire bone of contention between Linux purists and those who want to ease the discomfort of the uninitiated, but this thread brings it to mind because its aim is to make Linux as familiar as possible to Windows users and still offer the main benefits of using Linux. It is an X11 desktop environment that emulates the look-and-feel of Windows, but there is no effort (in the XPde project) to make Windows apps run on Linux.

That said, I've not had time to actually download it and see how far they are with it (current release is 0.4.0). Has anyone tried it?

Larry