Re: [school-discuss] Comics

Hi,

This comic project is unlike that of a typical software (source
forge-ish) release. With software, the newest and best release
generally takes the place of the past tool. Same too with new and
improved consumer products (laundry soap).

In publishing a collection -- there is plenty of value to forking.

Movie studios don't make only one movie and then update it over and over again.

Think Star Wars, I, II, III etc... And those are not the ONLY movies
ever done with 'space ships'

Re-makes and re-dos of old concepts -- even re-telling and
re-releasing -- is FINE and should be encouraged.

Forking is desired with the comics. The outcome is story telling!
Humor is always different. It is hard to tell a joke the same way
twice. Expect and encourage diversity in settings with the comedy /
comics.

But the source materials, the frames, the bubbles, the thought
process, the characters, the colors and lots of other building blocks
can be crafted and made into important cornerstones.

So, I see an "open source" challenge to craft the canvas and building
blocks. Then there is the production of the humor / jokes / comic
strip. Both have a shared well for dipping into by anyone with a CC
suite of terms and rights.

Knock, knock....

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus     Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://Elect.Rauterkus.com
412 298 3432 = cell

Recent candidate for Pgh Controller and Pgh City Council, district 3,
Nov 6, 2007