Re: [school-discuss] FOSS Professional development courses for teachers

--- knowtree@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > I'm a member of a LUG in Melbourne, Australia (http://luv.asn.au) and
> there is
> > some volunteer support here for creating professional development short
> courses
> > for Australian teachers concentrating on FOSS applications and linux.

> Please vist the Open Slate Wiki, where the documentation is supposed to grow.
>
> Gotta go now. Let me know if you are interested.

I think this is a bit heavy for our target audience - although I have to say,
on first reading I'm unsure what the goals of openslate actually are.

We're looking at approaching the subject based on introducing web apps first;
show educators what powerful OSS applications exist. Part of the training would
be to promote OSS ideas and resources; but that would be secondary because
expousing ideologies often turns people away.

--
  Rich

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail