Re: [school-discuss] FLOSS & Government: Call for Info &c

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 05:18:24AM -0800, Joel Kahn wrote:
> I'm working on an email message to my state representative

Just in case, governments work like a machine: you feed them
a document in more or less formalized form *including*:

- clearly stated problem;
- analysis of probable solutions;
- *concrete* proposal of yours.

Been to a round table on FLOSS usage in .gov.ua (Ukraine)
this week, and listened to Russian officials on the very
similar topic a bit too in 2007.

Waving hands or stuffing malformed input in a wrong hole
isn't going to yield anything reasonable.

So one wishing to get anywhere along with government should
first invest some time in learning the rules, unfortunately.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>