Re: [school-discuss] Our District's Tech Conference

Hmm.  I guess I see what you're saying.  I went to your second link and read the CEO's bog on Zukerberg's coming announcement, and it's all about business.  Doesn't mention the word "standard" (or "standards" such as (such as css3 and html5 that might enable the behaviors described) which is what this is about to me.  More and more difficult to see where people and companies, even the ones with purportedly nice goals, are really coming from.

David

----- Message from lmemsm@xxxxxxxxx ---------
    Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 13:20:16 -0500
    From: LM <lmemsm@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [school-discuss] Our District's Tech Conference
      To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was checking out our school district's keynote speakers for their 2012 Tech Conference.  One of them has a web site with videos by teachers and students for students ( http://www.nextvista.org/ ).  Checking the site further, I could see no sign of licensing information.  Am wondering if these are meant to be used solely online.  If it doesn't say it's licensed a certain way, then it falls under copyright.  The other speaker is promoting mobile learning via tools like the iPad ( http://ischoolinitiative.org/ ).  I'm not feeling too encouraged about our district's use of Free and Open Source technology at this point.

----- End message from lmemsm@xxxxxxxxx -----

--
http://intknowledge.com
91 Suthisan, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400