Re: [Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] EduML - case issue.]

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 18:24, Les Richardson wrote:

> > applications that will read this > data are drived by a human beeings.
> > Having a huge amount of course > material or school informations would
> > be of no use if the application > can not sort out the precise
> > information you want. > I think that informations semantically
> > describing the informations > provided are very important. What do you
> > think ? > > Dom
>
> Exactly. I mentioned transformation since of course we could have this:
>
> Originating Program ->XML Markup->Receiving Program =>
> Extraction and Transformation to
> HTML, TeX, PS, PDF => Human Beans
>
> Les R.

	Ah... I'm not sure we speak of the same thing. I was thinking about the
way an application can locate the data before it even thinks of
displaying it. For example: the student wants to retrieve a course in
english, with a certain difficulty level about a certain thema. Even if
the application can read this course and display it (after
transformation) you first have to find it on that big (;-) free and
distributed course repository we are building. That's why I think we
should bring in some metadata. So we do not commit the same error the
web architects did when they developped HTML.
	BTW, what is a "human bean" ? That's an awful way for speaking of a
teacher ;-)

	Dom