Re: [school-discuss] FREEDUC

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:07:58 +0100
Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <algaba@gmx.net> wrote:

> El Vie 10 Ene 2003 13:55, escribió:
> > Hi
> >
> > Call me stupid (join the masses who already do...), but is there a way to
> > make the FREEDUC CD boot into English? I'd like to demo some of the
> > software, but it being in French is going to make the demos rather less
> > impressive...
> >

> Yes,  English is  the "lingua franca" "de facto".

Sure, however this argument is hardly acceptable in the secondary
education sector if English is not the native language. This is why
freeduc-cd can be easily started with various language code. Also note
that we need some hand to translate the XFCE menus and booklet we are
preparing. If people want to give a hand, please considere joining us
(Info at http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html)

> Besides, have you considered to offer FREEDUC to Linex ( www.linex.org)  guys
> ?
> You know, Linex is heavily oriented to schools, and it's debianish.

I heard about that project. Beside the fact we are just at 120km from
spain, it will  be a good idea to get in touch with them :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Hilaire

--
OFSET - http://www.ofset.org