[school-discuss] etc ... broadcast (available for cd download)

Because "Bad Medicine" by Robert Sheckley is one of the best sci-fi
comedy stories to cross my desk, we reworked the audio presentation
with our current scripts, I hope to good effect.

Thomas Hardy's "Tryst at the Ancient Earthworks" is included because it
is possibly the best short story of all time.

This broadcast begins our homage to Balzac with a great selection from
"The Human Comedy" and Jack London's "The Seed of McCoy", which takes
top honors for a nautical adventure, continues our exploration of stories
by adventurers.

With "The Adventure of the Three Students", Sherlock Holmes is introduced
to the series - Charlie Chan and Batman are waiting for an opportunity!

Rounding out the program is H.G. Wells "The Magic Shop".  Enjoy!

The Hardy and Sheckley readings benefit from extensive editing and listening,
as does the Balzac.

The Wells story got some attention, but the London and Doyle stories are
automated
products.  We are pleased with the quality of these automated products :-)

All of the stories in this broadcast are available as a CD Burnable image for
download.
Look under "CD Burnable" in our "Downloads" for "Short Story Collection
 #001".

All stories run on all three channels at different times.  The music is
different on
each channel.  On Channel 1, we are featuring three great jazz vocalists:
Johnny Adams,
Billy Holiday and Billy Eckstein.  On Channel 2 we are featuring the Stan
Kenton Jazz
Orchestra, and on Channel 3 we are featuring the original Dizzy Gillespie
Latin Big Band
in live performance at the Hollywood Bowl, Coleman Hawkins and Roy Eldridge.

On the technical front, now that we have an adequate phrase length
established, words
that begin in p, t and h are receiving special attention.
--
(http://www.etc-edu.com ) Not just an afterthought ...

(http://www.etc-edu.com ) Not just an afterthought ...