Re: [school-discuss] Help!

Check this out www.aptron.com, very mature software, have been
around for 20+ years in colleges. Runs on all open platforms
APTRON solutions include browser and client-based:Admissions and
Recruiting,Student, Faculty, Parent and Alumni Access,Budget
Manager,Alumni and Fund Raiser, Student Administration, Financial
Aid, Institutional Advancement, Finance and Accounting Human
Resources
Zamir

 >ptietjens wrote:
 >> Anyone out there using commercial open source (free as in
free speech)
 >> software in their administrative functions?
 >>
 >> Specifically, I've just been told that after a year of
deciding to ditch
M$,
 >> our district will be purchasing two (two!)  major pieces of
software running

 >> with M$ SQL backends;  financial and student management programs.
 >>
 >> I'd take DB2, Oracle, whatever!  At this point, I'm not even
concerned about

 >> open source (though that would solve some of the headaches
we've had with
our