Re: [school-discuss] One Laptop Per Child?

"haven't thought about it enough yet"?
Have a look at http://papert.org/ . These people have been thinking about and acting in using technology to empower children since the 1960s. To say 'they know PCs' is like saying Mark Twain knows pencils.

It is a tough call, isn't it? These people are using what they know best to do something for kids in developing countries. In the interview, Negroponte says, "I can't think of anything better," and that might be most important line. These OLPC people are sincere and mean well, but you don't think they have thought enough about it yet. I would say in their benefit that they are doing what they know. They are using what resources they have. They know PCs, so that is what they are offering.

  Yishay Mor, Researcher, London Knowledge Lab
   http://www.lkl.ac.uk/people/mor.html
   http://yishaym.wordpress.com
   https://www.linkedin.com/in/yishaymor
   +44-20-78378888 x5737