Re: [school-discuss] One Laptop Per Child?

On Jan 22, 2007, at 9:21 PM, Edward Holcroft wrote:

NetDay doesn't do what it does because we see computers as more
important than running water in rural schools. We do it because it's a field
we know and understand, in which we have the capacity to make a difference,
one rural school at a time. So while the prioritisation debate is a valuable
policy level discussion, it should not be allowed to inhibit our work of
getting FOSS into schools. Sometimes I think the debate around priorities can
be a bit of a troll. It does not have be an debate in which the pursuit of
one priority necessarily excludes all others.

That really clears it up for me. Being from a low-income background, I found it difficult to ignore those who raised the prioritization debate, but this passage alone feels like the last word for me. Thank you for putting it so clearly.