[school-discuss] health issues coupled with interactive classroom display technology

As I watched the US primary election results on CNN, complete with multi-finger touch-screen geographical displays, I began to think about the health issues associated with various interactive technologies in elementary schools. If a flat panel, touch-screen display was at the front of the class, seems like it would be a great way for viruses to propagate, unless teachers had to wipe down the touch-screen every time a new student came up. Likewise, if the hand-held markers used by commercial interactive whiteboard companies, or indeed by any whiteboard, are shared by all students, there's another way for viruses to propagate. If, on the other hand, a hand-held IR pen or whiteboard marker was cheap enough so that all students could have their own, it would go a long way to reducing a virus propagation mechanism...I think.

Am I way out in left field here? Does it make sense to evaluate classroom technology in terms of health issues?

Just curious in Atlanta,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard