Re: [school-discuss] Wiimote Interactive Whiteboard: portability

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 12:16 -0500, Daniel Howard wrote:
> OK, so my teachers are pumped up about trying out the Wiimote approach
> to interactive whiteboarding, and they are proposing we set up a cart
> with a projector, a laptop, and the Wiimote so lots of teachers can try
> it out.  Did anyone find a commercial source for IR pens?  Did you have
> to rough up the end like Johnny Lee suggested?

No commercial location on IR pens (yet - Johnny may be a source in a
bit).

The rough up part is crucial since LEDs are very directional and the
lens must be converted to a diffuser so the Wiimote can "see" it from
the side.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering